Terms and Conditions for SCHOOL HOLIDAY CAMPS AND DAY VISITS with SSE Outdoors, part of Somerset County Council (SCC)
Please ensure you have read and understood the information below prior to making a booking. Please retain this document for future reference.
SSE Outdoors is part of Support Services for Education (SSE), a traded unit within Somerset County Council, which offers a wide variety of support services for all education providers, promoting educational excellence for all the children and young people of Somerset and beyond. SSE Outdoors welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and a range of organisations to their Outdoor Education Centres.
SSE Outdoors consists of four educational centres and the term ‘individual’ refers to everyone, of whatever age, taking part in an activity or course booked at any of the centres or delivered by a SSE Outdoors member of staff off site.
Cancellation by SSE Outdoors
SSE Outdoors may at any time, without notice, cancel a booking or withdraw a course. In such an event, SSE Outdoors shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the customer other than for the return of any fee or the appropriate part thereof.
Cancellation by Customer
In the event of a cancellation of a booking, a cancellation fee will apply.
• 28 or more days before the course – 50% of the full cost is retained by SSE Outdoors.
• Less than 28 days before the course – 100% of the cost is retained by SSE Outdoors.
• If a day visit is cancelled at any point the full amount will be retained by SSE Outdoors.
Courses and activities are subject to alteration in the event of adverse weather conditions or other factors which are beyond SSE Outdoors’s control. If the courses/activities are altered due to safety reasons or availability, SSE Outdoors will provide alternative activities or a refund where appropriate will be given.
SSE Outdoors staff will take all reasonable care of every individual. However, SSE Outdoors accepts no responsibility for illness, personal injury or for any loss or damage to individuals’ personal property whilst they are at the centres, except in the case of proven negligence on the part of SSE Outdoors at the centre.
We advise parents/carers to take out insurance.
There is an inherent risk in adventurous activities and equipment around our site, we always expect individuals to support to mitigate this risk by following instructions.
SSE Outdoors is part of Somerset County Council and is covered by insurance policies taken out by SCC and adheres to all SCC policies and guidelines.
SSE Outdoors reserves the right to remove, exclude or refuse an individual at any time prior to or during the course if, in SSE Outdoors’s opinion
• they are jeopardising the safety of the group or the individual undertaking the activity;
• the individual is having a detrimental effect on the group undertaking the activity;
• the individual is having an adverse effect on the activity itself. Any individuals using the facilities at the centres who are deemed to be causing disruption or distress by either their language or actions will be asked to leave the centre or course/activity.
A SSE Outdoors member of staff will contact the parent or guardian who will be expected to make arrangements for the individual to be collected immediately. No refund will be given.